Please refer to the Student Handbook for a complete reference to Gilbert Arts Academy policies. You may download a copy of the handbook or view it online by clicking on the link in the next column.
Don't Be A Victim.
Bullies want you to become their victim. You can say "It's not okay to say that to me." or use other strategies to tell them that you don't want to take their hurt or anger. If they continue, repeat what you said and walk away. Other Ideas to stop bullies:
- Say "That's an interesting thought. I'll consider it." (Walk away.)
- Agree. "Nice of you to notice. You are very observant." (Walk away.)
- Say "You must feel hurt to say (or do) that to me. Do you want to talk about it?"
- Say "Are you having a bad day? I hope it gets better." (Walk away.)
- Say "You've made my day!" (Walk away.)
- Say "Wish you wouldn't worry about me so much." (Walk away.)
- Scream "Stop! Leave me alone. I am going to report you!"