Gilbert Arts Academy Pick up Procedures
This information is to help you and ensure a safe and speedy drop off and pick up procedure each day.
Please do not drop off or park in front of the school office. The red painted curbside indicates this is a no parking zone and provides access for emergency vehicles.
Student dismissal is at 3:00 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. on early release days. Students will be dismissed from the west-side gate.
* KRP - Parents must park and sign their child in every morning and out every afternoon from the KRP room.
* K-6th grade parents may either park and meet their children at the gate, or use our speedy pick-up
line. If you are waiting at the gate, please stand to the left hand side as you face the school to allow
students to exit and get to their vehicles.
Click HERE for the GAA campus map!
- All teachers have a duty at release time. Please do not approach them for a quick meeting. If you desperately need to speak with them, please e-mail them or wait until after release when they may be able to address you.
- If you are using our speedy pick-up line, please form 2 lines to the right of the driveway. The far left lane must be for parents that need to drive through and park or for an emergency.
- These lines should merge at the yellow crosswalk outside the office.
- Please have a large sign with your child's name on the front right side of your dashboard.
- Do not get out of your car. We will ensure your child gets into your car. For your student's safety, we ask that students only enter your vehicle on the passenger side. If your child needs extra help getting in and buckling in, please park and meet them at the gate.
- Do not cut in line, even if you think you see your child waiting. The children are called in order; if one person pulls around a stationary car in front of them it is unsafe and confuses the other students.
- Do not exit line. Follow the line through the exit.
- Please drive with caution in the school parking lot at all times. It is a very busy area, especially during drop off and pick up times!
- Please do not enter the exit lane or turn left out of the exit lane.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our School Leader, Ms. Lauren Arnold at 480-325-6100.